Md. Abdur Rahim
Assistant Professor and Head of Department
Department of Law and Human Rights, UAP
E-Mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Graduate: LL.M. (Rajshahi University)
Graduate: LL.B. Honours (Rajshahi University)
(1) “Separation of judiciary from executive in Bangladesh: A critical analysis” in UAP Journal of Law, Vol.-I, 2010; ISSN- 2079-0236 published by UAP Centre for Legal Studies.
(2) “Provision of arrest, attachment and detention in civil justice system in Bangladesh: Theory and practice” in UAP Journal of Law, Vol.-II, 2011; ISSN-2079-0236 published by UAP Centre for Legal Studies.
(3) “Removal of the judges of the Supreme Court by the Parliament under 16th amendment of the Constitution of Bangladesh: A tension between judicial independence and accountability” in the Indian Constitutional Law Review Edition 2, April 2017; ISSN-2456-8325 published by Agradoot Web Technologies LLP.
(4) “Alternative sanctions to convicted offenders in criminal justice system in Bangladesh focusing on probation and parole: a lesson from India” in the South Asian Law Review Journal Vol 4; February 2018; ISSN Number 2456-7531; published by Creative Connect International Publication.
- ‘Remission of imprisonment’ published in the Daily Star on June 21, 2016.
- ‘Reliance upon justice system’ published in the Daily Star on August 30, 2016.
- ‘Discipline of Judges in the grab of the Executive’ published in the Daily Star on April 4, 2017.
- ‘Advocating for alternative sentencing’ published in the Daily Star on July 4, 2017.
(1) Presented a paper titled “Role of Police in Protection and Promotion of Human Rights in Bangladesh” as key note speaker in a seminar held in International Conference Hall at Bangladesh Police Staff College, Dhaka on May 2014.
(2) Presented a paper titled “ Application and Reformation of environmental laws preventing pollution arising out industrial activities: A critical study in textile industries in Gazipur District” as key note speaker in a seminar on ‘Application of Environmental Laws in Gazipur District, Bangladesh’ organized by Department of Law and Human Rights, University of Asia Pacific on August 25, 2014.
(3) Presented a paper titled “Human Rights in Bangladesh-2016” in a round table discussion on ‘Human Rights Scenario in Bangladesh’ organized by Department of Law and Human Rights, University of Asia Pacific on December 2015.
(4) Presented a paper titled “Alternative Sanctions to convicted offenders in criminal justice system: A comparative study between Bangladesh and India” in an international conference on ‘Crime and Investigation: Emerging Issue and Challenge in Criminal Justice Administration’ organized by the Faculty of Law, Galgotias University, India on February 4, 2017.
(5) Presented a paper tilted “Use and development of alternative sanctions in the criminal justice system of Bangladesh: Prospects and challenges” in the 2nd Annual Conference on Social Research in Bangladesh organized by Bangladesh Institute of Social Research (BISR) on November 4, 2017 in Dhaka.
(6) Presented a paper titled “Extra-Judicial Killings by the Law Enforcing Agencies in Bangladesh: A Threat to the Public Confidence in the Judiciary” in the 3rd Annual Conference on Social Research in Bangladesh organized by Bangladesh Institute of Social Research (BISR) on November 10, 2018 in Dhaka.
Training and participation:
(1) Participated in five days long training program on “Teaching-Learning, Curriculum and Quality Assurance” organized by Graduate Training Institute (GTI), Bangladesh Agricultural University from 13th March-17th March 2016.
(2) Participated in six weeks long training program titled “Training Course on Research Methodology”, jointly organized by Bangladesh Peace and Development Mission and Social Science Research Council and Ministry of Planning, Government of People’s Republic of Bangladesh, held on 8 November 2013-28 December, 2013);
(3) Participated in a day long training program titled “Workshop on Legal Research” organized by the Department of Law and Human Rights, University of Asia Pacific on March 25, 2014.
(4) Participated in a day long international conference on “Human Rights and Criminal Justice Delivery System in Bangladesh” organized by National Human Rights Commission in Dhaka on May 15, 2016.
(5) Participated in two days long International Conference on South Asia and International Law: Engagement or Encounter? held on 22 to 24 August 2014 in Dhaka, Bangladesh organized by ASIANSIL.
2010 to date. : Assistant Professor, University of Asia Pacific
2008 to 2010 : Lecturer, University of Asia Pacific
LAW-308: Law of Criminal Procedure
Law-408: Comparative Law of Succession
Law-533: International Refugee Law
I am interested to pursue research on judicial administration and justice delivery system in Bangladesh.